Sunday, June 27, 2010

Website Reflection

I really liked the whole process of designing the website. It was easy to see how beneficial this would be to a teacher and to a classroom. Weebly made the process simple by providing templates and features that are easy to understand and use.
I had a hard time finding links for the literature page that made sense for 9th and 10th graders. But, once I had found web links and Youtube movies, I thought they made a significant difference to the webpage, and were an interesting addition to the novels that the classes would be reading. In the end, I was happy with the overall look and usefulness of the site. It is helpful for both students and parents. Students can access the various links as well as their homework assignments. Both students and parents can use the contact me feature to reach me outside of school hours.
I will definitely use this site in my future classrooms and I am actually excited to do exactly that. I would like to continue building the site so that the site is fully informative for both students and parents. I would include vocabulary lists, additional links, and project and paper rubrics and timelines. I think scaffolding students’ work is very important, and I would have a page with checklists, rubrics, grammar rules, and other useful tools for writing.
When I tested for 508 compliance, I found errors such as low contrast text, low luminosity contrast text, use of color cannot be the single method for indicating important information and images must have sufficient contrast. As these errors all seem to be related to the colors and contrast, I would use designations other than color to indicate important information, maybe add borders or shading and different font size. Also, I would make sure that the contrasts were stronger and therefore more easily read. Check out my website here: http://jeffersenglish.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment